Ptasie Mleczko


ptasie mleczko

Those of you who know me are fully aware of the fact that I’m a foodie, I was simply made to enjoy food and that’s what basically on my mind 24/7. Most of the articles I read about the best things in Poland are all about polish culture, monuments, cities and so on but what I think is truly important here, it’s the food. So to encourage you to come or to recall nice memories, I’m starting the new category on the blog which is polish food, right away.

Last year when I was in Milano on my Erasmus, my favorite Italians fell in love with Ptasie Mleczko, the most recognized chocolate polish confectionery. I’m not surprised because it’s so good that once you try it, you suddenly become a huge fan.


ptasie mleczko

Ptasie Mleczko which translates as bird milk is a soft chocolate-covered milk mousse with a very delicate taste. Traditionally the filling has a vanilla flavor, but there’re many different tastes available as well (my favorite are chocolate and lemon).  

The history of Ptasie Mleczko dates back to 1930s when the owner of the E. Wedel Company Jan Wedel. According to the firm’s official history, the inspiration for the name came from his voyages to France, when he asked himself What could bring greater happiness to a man who already has everything? and then he thought Maybe only bird milk. Well, who I’m to judge, but that doesn’t sound so tempting at all.

ptasie mleczko

Nevertheless, Ptasie Mleczko is a real classic and I honestly don’t know anybody who doesn’t like it. The biggest problem is that once you start easting, it’s difficult to stop. It can be also a very nice souvenir to bring from Poland. 

Here you can even order it in a personalized packaging.

Have you ever tried it?


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment